Thursday, December 26, 2013

"Flow Zone" Block of the Month: Finished Quilt Top

Today I finished putting together the quilt top for the "Flow Zone" Block of the Month. Now, I'm just waiting on my backing fabric so I can begin quilting!

Once I had all the blocks organized in a way that I loved, I decided to use the neutral color fabric (Kona Bone) for a sashing between the blocks. I used 2 inch strips between the blocks and 3 1/2 inch strips on the outer border. Now, you don't even have to do this part if you don't like it. It's your quilt so you can do whatever is appealing to you!
Since this is the first quilt for a couple of people participating, I recommend signing up on Craftsy and enrolling in the Free Block of the Month from 2012 by Amy Gibson. Around lesson 13, she walks you through how to put the blocks together, make the quilt sandwich and tips for quilting! You can start and stop the video as much as you want. You might even get the urge to make some of the blocks for a larger quilt top.

OR email me and I'll be happy to help with any questions!

Feel free to post photos on the progress of your quilt in the Flickr groupAt the end of January, I would like to have a party for all the people that participated. I'll touch base with everyone in the near future with more details.

Until then, I hope everyone is enjoying the break! Happy Holidays! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment