Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Gifts That Keep On Giving

Recently, I have been spending most of my time planning to move, moving out, moving in, buying new appliances, organizing my bills with my new address and all of those little things that add up to be a lot of things...but it's all worth it because...

I have a sewing room that is 10 feet by 12 feet! 

So, as I entered this new sewing room...I just wanted to learn how to make a few new things. Learning takes my mind off of everything. It's a stress relief. Luckily, there are several awesome tutorials by some talented bloggers. Little do they know, (or maybe they do) that they give a gift that keeps on giving.

As you may know, my Mothers mean the world to me. My Mother is my right hand lady, my Grandma Marge and Grandma Chin are my other two Mothers. I wanted to send them something just because I know they will appreciate it, enjoy it and be proud of me. I think that is the reason I love to sew. Just for those three ladies. 

Jeni at In Color Order has a Lined Drawstring Bag Tutorial that rocks! I peruse her blog from time to time and I love all of her work. So, naturally I went there and found inspiration to make my Mothers these bags!


Grandma Marge
 Grandma Chin
 Mama
 Annie
I was searching for a creative way to send these items, so I found this tutorial from A Beautiful Mess by Elsie and Emma. I love their site! So much inspiration!
Here are the items I wanted to send...
I took a paper bag, folded it up with sharp creases, and sewed the sides with a couple different decorative stitches.


I love tutorials and the beautiful people that put them out there for learners like me. Someone shares their talent with the world by writing a post, I read their blog, get inspired, make a gift, send it to my family, they smile, share with their friends and pass on the love. Tutorials are the gifts that keep on giving!


2 comments: