Thursday, August 1, 2013

"Flow Zone" Block of the Month: August

This is my favorite month of the year! BIRTHDAY MONTH!!! What a coincidence that it is my turn to select a block. I went back and forth on a couple of different things but I chose the...

*Zigzag Triangle Block*

This block is based off of this tutorial by Elizabeth Hartman (love her!) for the Sew Mama Sew Blog (love this blog!). I followed the instructions, but in order to stay within our 12 1/2 inch finished block, there are 2 cutting adjustments that you want to make: (don't worry...I did the math for you even though I know you can figure it out!)

1. Cut the squares (16 squares total) so they are 4" x 4" instead of 5" x 5".

2. Once you make your triangle blocks, trim each one to a perfect 3 1/2" by 3 1/2" block.

These few modifications with give you a perfect 12 1/2" finished block! Please comment below if you have a question or hunt me down and I'll be happy to help!

Here is my finished block. I hope to see everyone's block in the Flickr group!


No comments:

Post a Comment