Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WIP-Tumbling Blocks

In May, I started messing around with some three-dimensional designs. I found this video explaining tumbling blocks by Marci Baker. Although there are some excellent tips for a beginner like me, there aren't too many measurements to follow (and I don't have her book), so I guesstimated my best estimates and tried something out. Last week, I realized that The Craftsy Block of the Month for July by Laura Nownes discusses 60 degree triangles and tumbling blocks! After watching it, I couldn't help but wonder why this wasn't the May or June BOM...you know...before I sliced up some of my fabric! ;-)
I've taken the top right design and made it into a wall hanging. The quilting is done and I'm working on binding that today.
Contemplating a larger quilt...
...and trying to decide on what that will end up looking like! Any ideas out there?
Have you ever used isometric dot paper? Perfect for sketching out three-dimensional tumbling block ideas! 

In other news, I've finished the Equilateral Triangle Quilt I posted about last week and photos will be up on my blog soon! 

Have a beautiful day! :)


4 comments: